How secure is your home? Honestly, most people don’t pay enough attention when it comes to home security. Well, that’s bad.
Home is not just about the physical aspects in life, it’s a space where your family lives too. So, security is important. Do you think you’re taking enough steps to secure your home?
Home security systems presents us with a solution. Is it worth the hype though? I think it is.
Some stats for you
- In the US, nearly 58.3 percent burglaries are forced entries.
- Residential burglaries account for a major portion of the crime. Survey shows that it accounts for nearly 73.2 percent of all the cases.
- Burglars confess that they are less likely to break into a house if it has a home security system.
What is a home security system?
It’s not hard to guess that the home security system is meant to guard you against all possible dangers. The system is a network of interconnected devices which work in tandem with a centralized control panel.
With proper installation, it acts as a shield against burglars and other miscreants. A home security system typically consists of the following:
- Control panel to control the entire working mechanism of the system
- External and internal motion sensors
- Window and door sensors
- Security cameras
- Stickers and signs
- A loud alarm
This entire mechanism is aimed at one thing – to protect your family and home!
How much is the cost?
The cost of security systems can be anywhere between $250 and $1500. Well, it depends on the kind of system you wish to get installed.
There is usually a monthly fee which you have to pay. It varies depending on the company you choose.
Well, I can understand that home security systems can be expensive but there are multiple reasons which point to their worth…
Continue reading the article and learn more about security systems on Mike Gregory’s home improvement blog.