With only 24 hours each day, it seems impossible to squeeze everything in and fulfill the responsibilities of a wife, mom, and career woman.
As a result, full-time working moms feel stressed and guilty for their divided attention between family and work.
The key to a work-home balance is to plan and organize, which everyone knows, is better said than done. Fortunately, you can learn and practice effective time management skills.
Read on for some tips on how to become more efficient in your multiple roles.
Focus on the benefits, not on the drawbacks. Instead of pouring your energy on worry and guilt if you can’t be with your child all the time, think about how your career can help your family.
Consider for example, how you can save money for your kids’ education. Being a successful working mom is about coming to terms with your choices.
It’s also about focusing on the priorities that you have right now. Admittedly, there will be ups and downs, but always remember that you are not alone.
Get hold of reputable childcare. This is to eliminate feelings of worry over your child while you’re away. Here’s what to do.
- Try asking your family and friends for references to a reputable daycare center or babysitter.
- Make a checklist of the traits or qualifications you want.
- Schedule a time for interviewing the candidate caregivers or to look around daycare centers near you.
- If you plan to hire a nanny, find someone who has had long-term working relationships with families. This is a sign of commitment to their work, great experience and flexibility to caring for kids of varying ages.
- Consider scheduling a paid playdate with your shortlisted candidates. This will allow you to evaluate how the caregiver will interact with your child.
- If you plan to use a daycare facility, ensure that you look for one that has:
- flexible hours
- updated license to operate
- outdoor space
- adequate number of teachers
- employees that are background-checked
Start the day on a calm note. To avoid rushing everyone and starting the family’s day with a drained feeling, organize your things the night before.
Doing all these routine tasks ahead of time should let you enjoy a few minutes of a peaceful breakfast with the family…
Continue reading the article and learn more about time management on Daisy Linden’s blog.